Monday 27 February 2012

Thank You Card

I've finally got round to putting my 'Cyprus Thank You' card on here! It's made using the same butterfly stamp shown on BJ's card and was made not long after that one - must have been inspired I suppose! Again, I've moved away from my normal choice of colours but I do like the fresh, clean look of this card. I think the colours are spring like and I have seen a challenge on the 'The Stamp Man Challenge' blog for colours of spring/Easter so I'll give it a go I think!
The completed card matted onto corrugated white card which has been inked with stormy sky. The background to the stamped image has been inked using stormy sky and antique linen which are rapidly becoming two of my favourite colours - along with victorian velvet of course. I left some areas almost white because I feel it makes the images stand out. I now wish I'd added more cut out butterflies!

This butterfly was stamped, painted and cut out. I made some wire antennae and then  added glossy accents over the whole butterfly. It's then glued into place. I like the way the gold paint seems to shimmer - well, it does in real life but perhaps not when shown using my useless photography skills!

One part of the stamping which was done using archival coffee. Colour was added using water colour pencils and gold acrylic paint. I  used this method on all the butterflies.


Die cut letters coloured using stormy sky ink which has been left lighter in some areas. Glossy accents was used to coat each letter before adding to the work.


I added a row of stamped butterflies to the envelope using versa magic then brushed on some  pale lilac cosmic shimmer mica to match with some of the water colour painting. I never know when to stop!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, glad you had a good holiday.
    This is a wonderful card, lovely image and beautifully coloured. Like the corrugated base.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card, glad you had a nice time. Just a little note - I find it very difficult to read your small print. Hope you don't mind saying so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. Don't be daft, of course I don't mind! I'm sorry you were having trouble reading it. I've changed it now on the most recent posts so when you have a minute have a look and if it's no better, let me know. Julia xx

      Delete
  3. Totally love this card Julia - the script, the butterflies, the corrugated card, the glossy accents ..... gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - looks like TH Typeset Alphabet - did you indulge perchance? Is your butterfly stamp a big one with all the different butterflies and background on. It is really lovely - love my card and it is Still up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card the colours are so lovely and the butterflies are gorgeous what more can I say !!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunner my lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so much better to read, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely muted colours here Julia:)

    Re my banner: I put DT tape in the middle and the ends, then in between the tape I put 2 layers of foam pads and bent the banner with fingers to form the shape. Hope you followed that!!!
    lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, I love butterflies and text together: this is GORGEOUS! I love the soft colors you picked for them, too.

    Hey, thanks for following me! It is so nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax